Faculty in epidemiology specialize in many research areas, including:
- Behavioral epidemiology
- Big data science
- Biomedical modeling
- Cancer epidemiology
- Cardiovascular epidemiology
- Chronic disease epidemiology
- Clinical epidemiology
- Community engagement
- Environmental epidemiology
- Infectious disease epidemiology
- Injury epidemiology
- Maternal and child health epidemiology
- Minority health and health disparities
- Molecular epidemiology
- Nutritional epidemiology
- Precision medicine and precision public health
- Psychiatric epidemiology
- Spatial epidemiology
- Social epidemiology
- Substance abuse epidemiology
- Translational science
No matter where your interests lie, there is cutting-edge work happening in the Department of Epidemiology.
The mission of SHARC is to improve health outcomes and reduce HIV transmission among the diverse range of populations affected by alcohol and HIV infection in Florida.
HealthStreet is a community engagement program at the University of Florida that aims to improve the health of our community by bridging gaps in healthcare and health research.
SARB2C is a group of investigators and students at UF with a focus on translational science regarding T0 to T4 substance use and addiction research.
DISL’s interests are in the areas of data science and machine learning, with particular focus on biomedical modelling.