Tuition and Financial Aid

Tuition and fees are charged per credit hour each semester. A full-time course load during fall and spring is 9 credits, while during summer it’s 6 credits.

See current tuition and fees on the Finance and Accounting website.

Certificate in Psychiatric Epidemiology (CPE) Program Only:

  • Tuition and fees for the CPE program are charged per credit hour each semester. All tuition is assessed at the same rate, regardless of residency status. CPE students pay a tuition rate of $930 per credit hour.
  • Did you know? Georgia residents are eligible for in-state tuition through the Academic Common Market. Visit our program page on the Academic Common Market for more information.
  • The CPE program is a self-funded program. Therefore, students cannot use a UF Employee Education Program, graduate assistant, or state of Florida employee tuition waiver for CPE courses

Financial Aid

Applications and eligibility requirements for financial aid can be found at the Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website. The University of Florida code for the FAFSA is 001535.

For information regarding federal or private loan eligibility, or financial aid processing questions or concerns, please visit the Office of Student Financial Affairs website.

Tuition Assistance

Tuition assistance is available for master’s students through the following sources:

Please note that some required courses may not be covered by UF EEP or state employee tuition waivers.

Certificate in Psychiatric Epidemiology (CPE) Employer Payments: If a student’s employer is paying all or part of the tuition payment, students must contact the Office of Student Financial Affairs to request an invoice for payment.

  • Employers must make tuition payments by the payment deadline for the semester.
  • Please make sure that employer-submitted payments contain a student’s name and UFID number
  • Students who are on a reimbursement plan with their employer must make tuition payments by the semester deadline.
  • Military Benefits: The CPE is an eligible certificate program for military benefits. Please visit the Office of Student Veteran Affairs for more information about applying for your military benefits.

Graduate Assistantships, Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants

Ph.D. Graduate Assistantships: The Department of Epidemiology offers graduate assistantships to all doctoral students upon acceptance, unless the student has received a fellowship, scholarship, or other external funding source.

Our greatest limiting factor in Ph.D. admissions is matching an applicant to a suitable mentor with sufficient funding. While we do not accept self-paying students, we do accept students who bring their own funding via external scholarships, fellowships, or grants. We maintain a list of some available funding sources for graduate students; this is not an exhaustive list, and we encourage all applicants to think creatively when applying for external funding