|Fall||December 1st||International Applicants and Priority Deadline: March 15th |
US Applicants Deadline: June 15th
|July 1st||July 15th|
|Spring||Applications not accepted||Applications not accepted||Applications not accepted||November 30th|
|Summer C||December 1st (applications only accepted if also applying to the NIDA T32 Training Program)||Applications not accepted||Applications not accepted||April 15th|
8-12 months prior to the deadline:
- Research and compare our programs to find the best fit for you. If you would like more information about our programs, complete this form.
- Take a look at our faculty list and research areas to see what research projects align with your own interests and which faculty members you can connect with.
- Review our admission requirements to ensure that you will meet the admission criteria. Determine whether you need to take the English proficiency examination for your application and use this time to study and take practice tests.
4-6 months prior to the deadline:
- Take the English proficiency examination. Have your official test scores sent to the UF Office of Admissions. It may take up to 6-8 weeks for official scores to be received and processed by the university.
- Retake the English proficiency examination if necessary to ensure that you meet our admission criteria.
3 months prior to the deadline:
- Request your three letters of recommendation. Remember, it is best to give your recommenders sufficient time to make sure that letters are submitted before the deadline.
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to the UF Office of Admissions. It may take up to 6-8 weeks for official transcripts to be received and processed by the university.
2 months prior to the deadline:
- Complete your online application.
- Once you have completed your application, contact the department with your name and the program to which you applied to confirm that your complete application was received.
1 month prior to the deadline:
- Ensure that all application materials, including official transcripts, official test scores, and recommendation letters have been received, and request any items that may be missing. All official documents must be received by the UF Office of Admissions before an offer of admission can be made.
After your application has been completed:
- If you have been selected for an interview, you will be notified via email. Interviews may be conducted in person or via Zoom video conferencing.
- Applicants will receive notice of their admission decision via email.
- If admitted, congratulations! You will need to sign and date your admission letter and return it to the department in order for your acceptance status to be confirmed.