The CPE program requires 12 credits, broken down into the following categories:
- 7 credits of core coursework
- 3 credits of elective coursework
- 2 credits of independent research (culminating project)
In addition, there are two prerequisite courses that must be completed in the first or second semester of your program.
Select any course to read the course description.
- PHC 6001: Principles of Epidemiology in Public Health (3 credits)
- PHC 6052: Introduction to Biostatistical Methods (3 credits)
Equivalent courses earned during previous graduate studies may substitute for the above prerequisite courses.
Core Courses (7 credits)
- PHC 6041: Landmarks in Psychiatric Epidemiology (2 credits)
- PHC 6932: Psychiatric Epidemiology Online Seminar Series (1 credit)
- PHC 6939: CPE Psychiatric Grand Rounds (1 credit)
- PHC 7038: Psychiatric Epidemiology (3 credits)
Elective Courses (3 credits)
Choose from the below courses.
- GMS 6780: Addiction: Neuroscience and Trends
- GMS 6781: Foundations in Addiction and Substance Use Disorders
- GMS 6873: Introduction to Medical Bioethics (3 credits)
- PHC 6937: Independent Study (1 credit)
- PHC 7065: Critical Skills in Epidemiological Data Management (2 credits)
Culminating Project (2 credits)
Students must complete an independent research project in order to be awarded the Certificate in Psychiatric Epidemiology.
- PHC 6937: Culminating Project (2 credits)