The CPE program requires 12 credits, broken down into the following categories:
|Core Coursework||7 credits|
|Elective Coursework||3 credits|
|Independent Research||2 credits|
In addition, there are two prerequisite courses that must be completed in the first or second semester of your program.
- PHC 6001: Principles of Epidemiology in Public Health (3 credits)
- PHC 6052: Introduction to Biostatistical Methods (3 credits)
Equivalent courses earned during previous graduate studies may substitute for the above prerequisite courses.
Core Courses (7 credits)
- PHC 6041: Landmarks in Psychiatric Epidemiology (2 credits)
- PHC 6932: Psychiatric Epidemiology Online Seminar Series (1 credit)
- PHC 6939: CPE Psychiatric Grand Rounds (1 credit)
- PHC 7038: Psychiatric Epidemiology (3 credits)
Elective Courses (3 credits)
Choose from the below courses.
- GMS 6780: Addiction: Neuroscience and Trends
- GMS 6781: Foundations in Addiction and Substance Use Disorders
- GMS 6873: Introduction to Medical Bioethics (3 credits)
- PHC 6937: Independent Study (1 credit)
- PHC 7065: Critical Skills in Epidemiological Data Management (2 credits)
Culminating Project (2 credits)
Students must complete an independent research project in order to be awarded the Certificate in Psychiatric Epidemiology.
- PHC 6937: Culminating Project (2 credits)