About the Department
The Department of Epidemiology is housed in both the Colleges of Public Health and Health Professions and Medicine at the University of Florida. Faculty members are jointly appointed in order to create synergies resulting in a strong, competitive research profile capitalizing on collective strengths and highly trained students who receive exceptional exposure to diverse expertise.
The mission of the Department of Epidemiology is to improve health globally through education, training, research and service.
As a leader in the field, the Department aims to:
- Advance the field’s theoretical and empirical base through rigorous multidisciplinary epidemiology research that monitors health globally.
- Prepare the next generation of scientific leaders to design and conduct ethical, relevant and innovative epidemiological studies.
- Train a public health workforce committed to working with diverse communities to bring about outcomes that matter.
- Develop and refine epidemiological measures and methods in that address the dynamic and complex factors impacting public health globally.
- Provide leadership and service in epidemiology and public health through international, national, state and local collaboration and community engagement.
Public Health and Health Professions News is the official alumni magazine of the UF College of Public Health and Health Professions. It is published annually in the fall and highlights alumni activities as well as educational, research and clinical achievements in the college.