PhD in Epidemiology Application Process
To apply for admission to the University of Florida PhD Program in Epidemiology, applicants MUST complete BOTH #1 and #2 below.
1. Submit the University of Florida online Application for Graduate Admission by February 1.
- Complete the University of Florida Application for Graduate Admissions online and pay the non-refundable application fee. You may pay online by credit card or send the application fee and other required materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions (the address is listed below). Please note that the application fee is required from all students applying to a graduate program, including current and former University of Florida students.
- When completing the application:
Under Primary Program: Select Degree goal: Doctor of Philosophy
Under Program of Study: Select Epidemiology (MS and PhD), then Epidemiology
- Arrange to have official GRE test scores sent directly to University of Florida. The University of Florida code is 5812. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the official scores to arrive.
- Arrange to have official transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than University of Florida) sent to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Florida
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32602
- Arrange to have official TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions (International students only).
- Arrange to have three Letters of Recommendation submitted directly.
Please have your recommendations submitted on letterhead.
- Submit your professional Statement of Purpose outlining objectives that match the philosophy and focus of the program. Please indicate at least two full time faculty members working in your research area of interest with whom you would like to work.
- Submit Curriculum Vitae (CV).
2. Also submit a copy of your UF application to the Department of Epidemiology by February 1, including all of the above listed items. The Department will accept unofficial copies of your transcripts and test scores in order to begin reviewing your application at the earliest possible time. However, all official documents will have to be received by the Graduate Office of Admissions prior to an offer of admission from our program. Send your application and all attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to:
Shamika Noelle King
University of Florida
PO Box 100231
Gainesville, FL 32611
You will receive an acknowledgment email when we receive your application packet.